Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What I have been reading (Books for fun!)

I have been on summer break for almost 2 weeks now and I think I've only spent 3 nights at home. I'm currently not home but at the beach. So this post is going to be kind of quick. I have been reading a ton in the past 2 weeks and I thought I'd share what I've been reading. I'm linking up with Deanna Jump's linky. 

We left for the beach a little early and got to spend some time with Chris's sister and niece. It was a nice treat. So I got an extra day of reading in. So far, I've read 3 books and I'm working on my fourth. 
First up is The Husband's Secret.
It was pretty good and an easy read. It is about several women in Australia and how their stories intertwine. One of the women's husband writes her a letter and in it is a big secret. When I told Chris the title he thought it sounded kind of sketchy but it is a good read. It was a best selling book this year which is how I stumbled on it. 

The second book is Death in the clouds by Agatha Christie.
I love mysteries and there are no better mysteries than Agatha Christies. Seriously if you like a good mystery get one of her books. They are good stories with intrigue, love, and very little gore. I love her detectives and this one stars Hercule Poriot. I have read a lot of her books but I was inspired to get this one because of an episode of Doctor Who. Her first book was The Mysterios Affair at Styles. If you're looking for one to start with, I'd start there. 

The book I just finished up is Dragonfly in Amber. 
This is the second in the Outlander Series. I had read probably 4 or 5 of this series a while ago but I read so much I really don't remember what I read. (Good thing in real life you don't take a comprehension quiz)so 2 years ago on my honeymoon. I retread the first one. It is a story set in Scotland right after WWII. The main character, Claire, goes back in time to the 1700s and meets a group of highlander men. Including Jamie Fraser who she falls in love with. Apparently Starz is making a tv show out of the series so I've been seeing it everywhere. I decided to work on rereading the series, and got the second one for my kindle. It continues the story of Claire and Jamie. I would tell more but I don't want to ruin the first one. It is a long book but a pretty fast read. 

Today the new Stephanie Plum came out, Top Secret Twenty One so that's the book of the day! 
Be sure to head over to Deanna Jump's blog and check out the party. I think I'm the oddball not posting about children's book. 

1 comment:

  1. Diana Gabaldon is my favorite ever! The 8th book in the series is my next read! I'm sure you know that a TV series starts in August!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete