Saturday, February 8, 2014

Five for Friday!

So this week we actually went all 5 days. We haven't been a full week since before Christmas. I also remembered to take some pictures this week! I love it when I take pictures and I have things to blog about. I guess I'm a weirdo because I liked being at school all 5 days. What I didn't like was how out of it my kids were. They really struggled to get back in the swing of things and a couple of them it felt like starting over with. But by the end of the week we started to get back in the groove. Here's hoping for another 5 day week next week. (They are calling for snow Monday, Tuesday and Weds.)
So here are 5 pictures from my week!
1. I started Read to Self the week before but we were only in school for a day and an hour. So this week we've really been working at it. We've worked up to 10 minutes so far. I'm hoping for 15 minutes. For their book bags I have leveled readers from our reading series and the sight word books from Maria Manore/Kinder Kraze. If you haven't checked out her sight word readers you need to head right there after you read this post. Here's the link.
 
2. I finally have small group reading up and going this week. It feels so good to be able to finally have a handle on small groups. It also is so nice to have some help during this time. My kids are finally working independently during centers so my assistant and I are able to both meet with groups.

3. I got my iPad from Donor's Choose right when school started back from Christmas break but with all the snow days I haven't had a lot of time to work with the kids on it. During group time this week we used the magnetic abc app and doodle buddy app to practice their sight words. Then they got to use it during free center time on Friday. This girl is playing on the Super Why App and loved it!

4. I tried out an idea I saw on Mrs. Wills kindergarten blog about kids using the iPhone to take pictures of their work during center time. It is a great way for me to see what the kids have done and they enjoy it. It gives them extra incentive to do the right thing. This one of their pictures.

5. This isn't really from this week but today! I just got my package from Creative Teaching Press. They sent me all these goodies to review so be looking for a post on these awesome products soon.
I have one more bonus pictures of my sweet nieces. My sister sent me these earlier this week. Such a sweet picture!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the kids must love taking pictures of their work! What a great motivator for them! Your nieces are beautiful.

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete