Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Workstation Wednesday:Sensory Table

I'm trying to be more consistent with my blogging. So I've planned out some posts and some broad topics I want to blog about. Like Math Monday. And now Workstation Wednesday. These are things I'm working on improving in my classroom. Blogging about things helps me to think through things I'm doing. So this week I'm going to share about my sensory table. This is a new endeavor for me. I was inspired by my friend Marsha at Differentiated Kindergarten to use my sensory table. I've had this table since I started teaching kindergarten but it was full of sand which kind of grossed me out. It is a really nice table and had a really nice lid. So I just kept the lid on it the past few years. This summer I emptied the sand out and replaced it with colored rice. (You can read all about how to make your own colored rice and find a freebie by clicking here)
Here are a few things that I've been doing with my sensory table so far this year.



Here are the links for activities I mention above:
Julie Lee's Fall-Tastic Fun Math and Literacy Centers
Marsha McGuire's Back to School Math Workstations Galore
DeeDee Wills's All Sorts of Sorts

Those are some great resources that I've been using in my other workstations as well. So that's where I'm at right now with the sensory table. I'll leave the corn in through November. Then in December I'll be trying to find something new to put in it. I would love to hear what suggestions you have. Do you have a sensory table? What do you put in it?

1 comment: