Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher Monday





Oh I am so glad that Blog Hoppin is having this party this week. I need to get back into blogging but school is starting this week and there is so much to do. So I'm joining for meet the teacher Monday (We'll see if I make it for the other parties).
1. I celebrated my 1 year anniversary in June. My hubby and I went to high school together and knew each other but we didn't date or anything. He's 2 years younger. We had both moved back home and either I was running late or he was early and he saw me turn into my school. He found me on facebook. I was dating someone at the time but we talked some on fb. When his birthday rolled around, I wasn't dating anyone and asked him to dinner. The rest is history. By our 3rd date (It was all in the same week) I knew he was something special. I was almost 31 when we got married and Chris likes to say that I didn't even think about getting married until I was 29 and half and met him.
2. I love being an aunt. I have 2 beautiful nieces who are my favorite girls. They call me KK. (I think when I have kids they will probably call me KK too. Everyone does. Some of our friends at church's kids call me KK too) Here are my girls!


3. I teach at the same school I went to. It is a K-8 school and I only went there for 7th and 8th grade. One of my favorite teachers still teaches there and he's still one of my favorites. I love my school. I can't imagine teaching anywhere else now.

4. I am starting my 10th year teaching this year. I can't believe I've been teaching that long. One of my first teaching friends posted a picture of our first 3rd grade team on fb last week.
5. I love to read. (If you read my blog, you know this.) This year so far I have read 61 books. I keep track of the books I read each year. I write them down in a book. It's to help me keep track so I don't reread books unintentionally. While we were on vacation this year, I read 7 books. It was glorious.

6. I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. My great great uncle was a published writer and he always encouraged me. When in college, I started out as a journalism major and then an English major. But teaching won out. I still have dreams of being a published writer beyond blogging but this is a great outlet.


7. I also wanted to be a detective when I was a kid. I love reading mysteries and watching detective shows. My brother in law calls my sister and I old people because we liked to watch Matlock and Murder She Wrote. (I still do)

8. I love to craft. I know it's not shocking. My craft stuff has taken over my guest room. I have tried so many different crafts. I use to scrapbook but I lost interest. I have sewed, made jewelry, cross stitched, embroidered, crocheted, and so much more. I love it. Teaching gives me a good outlet for being crafty. This is one of my most favorite blankets I've made.


9. I love back to school time. One of my favorite things to do is get a new planner.


I am loving the fun of washi tape for decorating things.

10. Blogging has changed my life for the better. I've gotten more confidence and excitement for teaching since I started blogging. I have made lots of great friends. I no longer feel like a weirdo for loving the things I love. My husband my disagree with my love for blogging because sometimes it seems like I'm addicted to social media.
Be sure to head over to Blog Hoppin and link up with the party.


1 comment: