Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Classroom Update

2 weeks from today my summer will be officially over. I can't believe it. Summer has flown by. I know some of you have already started back to school. I have been working in my room a couple of days a week for the past few weeks. Our building is closed today and tomorrow and then next week I won't be able to get into my room. So it makes me a little nervous. I don't know why. I've gotten a lot done. Next week we have a Staff Retreat for 2 days and then Wednesday we're leaving for a last hurrah before school starts. My family is heading to Charleston. I'm so excited. We haven't been on a family vacation in over 6 years and I can't wait to hit the beach with my sweet niece. Plus I love the Charleston area. It will be a great way to end the summer. (I have brought some projects to work on. I need to sort through my math manipulatives that came with our math series so I can actually use them.)
Anyway, I worked for a while yesterday and got some things put on the walls which always makes me feel like the classroom is coming together.
This is my Monday Made it. I made the pennant banner that is hanging at the top. I followed the tutorial on Abby's blog The Inspired Apple. (check out her instructions here.) I used scrapbook paper to cut out the letters and then ribbon from Walmart around the side. I know it's crooked but it's ok. I am in love with this board. I still need to add the clothespins. I haven't found the mini die cuts that I want to put on them yet. I might go look for them today. I want a shoe or something.

I finally got some of my Rainbow Bright Classroom Signs up. I love the brightness.
Looking at these pictures I see how dirty my white boards are. I should probably clean them before school starts.
I'm planning on implementing some Whole Brain Teaching Strategies this year. So I started with the rules. I had gotten these from A Year of Many Firsts.
I'm trying to do a Pete the Cat kind of theme in my room. I had the greatest suggestion from a facebook fan to be Ms. Kerri's Cool Cats. I love it since I think Pete is a cool cat. I plan on starting the year with Pete Rocking his school shoes. Chris made me this Pete 2 years ago and I found the perfect place for him above my calendar with a speech bubble.
I used a speech bubble clipart from Little Red Hen. I think I'll change what he says depending on what we're doing in class. I laminated it so I could write on it with dry erase markers.
Last thing I worked was some labels for my word work drawers. I used super cute frames from Ashley Hughes.  I have a few more to make so check back for a freebie in the next few days.

So that's what I was working on yesterday. When do you go back to school? Have you been working in your room? I would love for you to leave a comment.

2 comments: