Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Classroom Management 10 Pin Party

We got back from the beach on Saturday and I had big plans to join this party on Sunday. But it didn't happen. Chris and I spent the evening out at the lake with his family. It was so nice and relaxing. Then yesterday was my birthday and I spent the whole day with one of my favorite girls, my niece. Mondays are my day with her and it was perfect to spend the day with her. She was so sweet. Randomly through the day she would throw her arms around me and then wish me a happy birthday. It was a great way to spend my day but I was exhausted. She didn't take a nap which meant I didn't get my nap. I have to leave my house by 6:30 to get to my sister's before she goes to work which is earlier than I get up to go to school. But now I'm rested up and ready to get some things done today. I'm joining Just Reed for her Ten Pin Linky this week all about classroom management. (I think this was actually last week's party but I'm a little late)
 1. The first pin is about whole brain teaching. While I was on vacation, I read the book Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids. I am hooked on the idea and I can't wait to get things going for next year.
2. Here's another whole brain resource. This pin takes you to a blog that has a ton of examples of WBT in action. It is also an honest look at implementing the strategies.
3. Timers on a bracelet. I love this idea. I am terrible about keeping up with time. I have been using my iphone for timing things but I don't always keep it right by me. So I love this idea. I need to implement this next year. (I'm loving these parties because it reminds me of what I want to do next year.)
4. No name board. This is on my summer to do list. I hate all the papers I get with no name on it. I would love to have a place to hang them. I had planned on going to hobby lobby to get the supplies yesterday but my niece wouldn't have it. 
5. Homework Bingo - The class that I just had was great about turning in their homework. I didn't have to bribe them or anything. But the group I had before was not like this at all. So I love to have a few ideas in my pocket for how to motivate kids to get their homework turned in.

6.Part of Whole Brain Teaching is the Class/Yes responses. I like that but I think it would be fun to change it up sometimes. So here's a pin with different call and responses.

7. I love this idea for keeping track of who might need help on a concept later. I don't know if this is exactly how I would do it in my classroom, but I like the idea.

8. Ron Clark is one of my favorite teachers. I love his ideas on classroom management. I love this idea of buttons that was inspired by him. They are a great reward for students who do well.Plus they can be reused. 


9. I got these coupons from Melissa Dillard last year but I haven't printed them out. That is definitely a must for next year. I love these ideas and they aren't a treasure box.

10. My last pin is another Whole Brain teaching resource. It comes from a friend of mine, Melissa from Transitional Kindergarten. 
Transitional Kinder with Mrs.O
She has tons of ideas and resources for WBT. This is a powerpoint that is perfect for introducing the WBT concepts and the best part is it's fre. 

So those are my 10 pins all about classroom management. I hope to share more about WBT as I get into it. I would love to hear about your experiences using it. Be sure to head over to the party at Just Reed and see what others have pinned.
Just Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment