Sunday, May 5, 2013

Long Time, No Blog

It has been a while since I've blogged. I don't really have a good excuse I just haven't been feeling it. Then last week was testing week and it was crazy. I keep thinking of things to blog about but when I sit down at the end of the day, playing tetris on my phone seems like a better idea. (Don't buy tetris. It is highly addictive.) But I'm hoping to get back in the groove because I have been missing blogging. I've missed reading blogs as well. I have no idea what is going on in the blogging world. I did take the time to convert my instagram account over to a blog instagram as well. I don't think I could keep up with 2 so there will be personal picture as well as teaching and blogging pictures. If you want to follow me my name on instagram is mskerriskrazyklass. If you leave your name, I'd love to follow you as well. It is so fun seeing all the picture of my blogging friends. Speaking of pictures, I have taken pictures the past few weeks even though I haven't been blogging. I had all kind of ideas for posts but instead I'm going to dump all the pictures into this post and then start fresh.
This first picture is the last activity we did for Oviparous animals. I had some other pictures but I can't remember what I shared and didn't share. But I know I didn't share this activity. It was a scavenger hunt from Shuna Patterson's Let's Get Cracking unit.  I put the clues in plastic Easter eggs and hid them around the room. The kids worked with a partner to find a clue. Once they found it, they read the clue to figure out the animal. They had to draw a picture of the animal and write 2 facts about it. It was a great way to finish up our unit on Oviparous animals. The next week or two was suppose to be about plants but we really didn't do all the activities I wanted to do. We got busy reviewing for our standardized test.
But this past week we did take a little time to read one of my favorite books about plants, Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens. I had bought a unit on TPT from Julie Lee to go with the book. (Click here to check it out.) We had fun creating our own hare or bear and comparing the characters. It was so nice to have fun reading a book and having the time. We did this Friday after our tests were complete.


This picture is of our math workstations we've been working on for the past few weeks. They are from my Spring has Sprung Math Workstations. My kids really enjoyed the games. They also are using the ipod for math games, doing some exploration with base 10 blocks and on the computer. I loved having these in place for the week of testing. They were a fun but still educational activity for them to do in the afternoon.
This last picture is of one of the art projects we did after we finished testing for the day. They used magazines to cut out shapes and make a picture. I thought they turned out pretty good. 

So that in a nutshell is what has been going on with my class the past few weeks. We have 18 days of school left and a lot going on. This coming week we'll be learning about insects. Hopefully I'll be back later this week to show you what we've been up to. I also have several products to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment