Sunday, April 7, 2013

Visual Plans for Next Week


So the week before spring break, I linked up for the first time with Mrs. Wills Peek at my week linky party. I just shared my reading plans and that took me forever to do. This week I'm sharing reading, writing/language, and math. It didn't take me quite as long to do these now that I've had a little practice and have a template to work with. I did forget to link up my freebie so you'll have to grab that at the end of the post. I can't do it all apparently. Remember to click on this link to get a pdf of my plans where the clickable links work. 



This week we're finishing up our oviparous animals unit. You might remember some of the reading activities from my last set of visual plans. We ended up having a snow day in the middle of the week and didn't get to everything. So we're working on the same skills again this week. I'm excited to be trying out my dear friend Debbie Clement from Rainbows within Reach's Polliwog song and activities.  If you haven't checked her blog and great songs out, you should. I'm so excited to share this song and her beautiful illustrations with them. They will love it. My kids love to sing this year. You can check out her TPT store here.
I don't think anything else needs explanation. I had a follower ask me last time if I did these plans just for me or if I did them for my administration. I had already done my formal lesson plans the last time I did these. But this week I'm going to add in my common core standards and use these for my administration. I am thinking I should have done that while working on them. Oh well.
So I have a freebie for you. It's 3 different math journal prompts. I usually print them out and cut them. Then let the kids paste them into their math journals. These have a spring theme and focus on subtraction. I added a little tiny clipart picture from Teacher Laura. She just started making clipart and she has some cute stuff. Check her out.


Click here for the freebie.  If you download this freebie, I would love it if you would follow me and/or leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. Be sure to head over to Mrs. Will's Kindergarten and check out the party.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun week! Your students are going to love those activities- lots of fun learning ahead!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete