Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm feeling very loved today, after all the commenting love I got yesterday on my post. My favorite had to be from Ms. S who told me to stop having a pity party. I laughed out loud at that comment. It was a complete pity party and I'm glad someone called me out on it. I really was truly worried people thought they could a virus from my blog but I'm glad to find out no one is thinking that.
Because I'm in a lovey dovey mood, I'm liking up with Buzzing with Ms. B and How'd you meet your Hunny?
Chris and I actually meet when he was  sophomore and I was a senior in high school. We both swam on the swim team and he was good friends with some of my good friends. I thought he was super nice and funny guy but that was really the extent of thinking about him. He had the cutest girlfriend all through high school. They were really very cute together. I add this part in because he likes to tell people now that I wouldn't give him the time of day in high school. But we were friends. I didn't really think a ton about him after high school. I still kind of knew things about him because of mutual friends. I knew he went to Vanderbilt and I remember when his mother passed away and I found out he was a vet because my pastor took her dog to see him.  But I didn't see him or anything. (Only to figure out now we did all go to the movies once during college.) Fall of 2010, I got a message on facebook from Chris. He just said thought he had seen me driving to school one day and asked me a little about living back at home. I was seeing someone at the time so I responded but that was about it. Meanwhile, the guy I was seeing then and I broke up and it was Chris's birthday at the end of December. I sent him a birthday facebook message and about a week later we started messaging on facebook. I asked him if he wanted to go to dinner and catch up sometime. I beat him to the punch on asking me out. He suggested an Italian place and then ice skating. We've been together ever since. Which is only just over a year. I have never been one to believe in all the lovey dovey mushy stuff. In fact, I might or might not have a t-shirt that says Love is Lame. But I knew there was something special about Chris from our first day. He impressed me by praying before the meal and his involvement in church and youth. He supports everything I do and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He's definitely my other half and it's a total God thing we got together when we did. I can't wait to get married on June 16th.
Hopefully, a romantic story was just what you were looking for on this Valentine's day. Check out other stories at Buzzing with Ms. B. If you don't have a hunny, don't give up. Chris and I didn't get together until I was 29 and I've definitely learned God's timing is perfect.
Last year Chris brought in a couple of birds from his vet office for the kids to see.

This is us camping and hiking. We love being outdoors together.

This is an owl they rescued at his clinic that he brought in for the kids to see.



5 comments:

  1. Y'all are SO cute =) That's cool that he brings animals up to school. Mine actually just left here. He had to bring up pictures that I printed and left on the kitchen table. It's nice to have him so close and able to do that. June 16th will be here before you know it! Don't rush it..take time to remember EVERYTHING!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I can't wait to hear the next installment.

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...Glad I could make you laugh, but I didn't mean it in a bad way... I love a good pity party:) I just didn't want you to be pity partying for no good reason.
    Anyways, this is a fantastic story! Keep them coming:)
    Happy Valentine's Day!


    Miss S

    Just Teaching...Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that's so nice. Congratulations and I hope your wedding is wonderful! I agree - I didn't meet my hunnybun until I was 27. Sometimes it's better, because it gives everyone time to grow up and work out some of the kinks!
    Thanks for linking up!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete