Monday, July 25, 2011

Ommmmm! Namaste!

I went to school today and I don't feel like I made much progress. Anyone else feel like they have to make a huge mess before anything comes together? I definitely made a big mess. I did get a cabinet organized, got all my picture books reorganized and brought a couple of projects to work on at home. I'm house sitting for my parents this week, but I ran home to grab a few things and found this wonderful surprise at home.
I'm pretty excited about trying out yoga with my class this year. I like doing it myself and did a few moves with my students last year. But I did a little research and found a  lot of evidence supporting the use of yoga in the classroom. It has health benefits as well as helping them focus and stress relief. I've always done movement breaks and start the day with stretching. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited about it so that's a step in the right direction. What do you do to help your kids have break?

I plan to start on spray painting my table caddies today. Wish me luck! I had no idea what kind of paint to buy at the hardware store. It was a shot in the dark. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment