Friday, July 29, 2011

Beginning of the Year Books

I think the hardest thing about going back to school is going to be having to wear real clothes, dry my hair and put on make up. I've spent the summer in shorts. It's been so hot I can't imagine wearing anything else. I also haven't really been drying my hair. Again because it's been so hot. Next week we have a staff retreat on Tuesday and Wednesday and then a day of screening on Thursday. I guess that will be good practice for when school starts.

Kinder Kraziness is giving away a Miss Bindergarten unit. I love that book and can't wait to see what she has in her unit. Because I go between Kindergarten and First grade sometimes I forget where I put stuff. When getting things organized the other day, I realized I had no idea where my books were for the beginning of the year in Kindergarten. I was in panic mode big time. I have 2 books that my sister and her mother in law got for me my first year. One is the book Countdown to Kindergarten. If you haven't checked it out, it's a good one. It's about not knowing how to tie your shoes and being scared to start kindergarten because of it.
I finally found my books in one of the baskets with a different theme. Thankfully. I have been planning my whole first week of school activities based on one of those books. Check out Kinder Kraziness's blog. I tried to grab her button but it just wouldn't cooperate.
I could talk about picture books forever. There are so many books I want to read to the kids including my own story I've been working on about kindergarteners. I don't have an illustrator but I do have a story. I'm excited to share it with the kids and get actually feedback from my target audience.
What are your favorite back to school books?

No comments:

Post a Comment